Uber Driver Requirements
Many people want to earn extra money with their car, but don’t know the Uber driver requirements. Many social media sites provide random information about the process.
The requirements for Uber drivers can be confusing. This short article will guide you through the simple process of Uber driver requirements. You will be able to sign up and drive within minutes.
Let’s look at becoming a Uber driver closely.
Driver Age Requirements for Uber
- 21 Years of age is the legal provision (23 Depending on your City)
- 3 Years of driving experience needed. Driving history verification may be a must if you have moved from another state. I tell all applicants to keep their out-of-state drivers license. Uber headquarters may ask for it.
More Important Uber Driver Requirements
- Car insurance for your state must be current and in your name
- Have an in-state registered car for driving. The vehicle doesn’t have to be in your name.
- Your driver’s license must be in-state.
- Background checks are mandatory, so you must have a Social Security Number.
Background Check Information
- Have a clean driving record for greatest results.
- You will need to pass the background check.
Background checks are done by a reputable 3rd party company. It be days or weeks depending on state volume.
Passing the background check: A look into your past 7 years, and what you cannot have on record.
- Zero accidents with a fatality
- Zero reckless driving
- Zero criminal history reports
- Zero DUI or drug related offenses
- Zero no insurance charges
- Zero driving with suspended license charges
How to become a Uber driver
Read the easy step-by-step guide to becoming a Uber driver here.
Here is a quick summary of the necessary steps:
Step 2. Complete a car inspection to meet Uber requirements.
Step 3. Wait patiently for your background check to clear.
Step 4. Push the Go Online button in the app and start driving.
Keep in mind requirements vary based on city and state.
What to do if you don’t meet Uber driver requirements!
So, what do you do if your application to drive for Uber gets denied? Every driver is not accepted. Here are some reasons Uber headquarters may not approve you.
You are under the required age of 21.
Uber requires all their drivers to be 21 years old. 47 states recognize adults at the age of 18. Seems Uber has more reasoning behind their age rule.
You are missing a Social Security Number, or not a legal U.S. working resident.
If you are an immigrant, I suggest consultation with an immigration lawyer. Your visa document may prohibit you from working in the U.S., but Uber may allow you to sign up with an SSN # you have. This could violate the terms of your issued visa, and is not recommended.
The background check administered was NOT passed.
If Uber declines your application due to a failed background check, request it yourself. It’s important to see what is hindering you from making money as a Uber driver. If what’s listed is correct it will take about 7 years to drop off your record.
Your Uber car doesn’t qualify.
If your vehicle doesn’t meet the guidelines for driving with uber, simply upgrade. You don’t have to buy a new car, used is just fine. Uber even has a leasing program for drivers to get started. The payment for your used or leased vehicle will be offset by the money you earn with Uber weekly.
You lack ALL the in-state documents required.
To drive for Uber the following in-state documents are mandatory:
- Car registration
- Car insurance
If you need to secure auto insurance the following companies issue free quotes online.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- 21st Century Insurance
Conclusion: Making Money with Uber
Simply follow the information above and fill out the Uber driving application. This is the best way to see if you meet the Uber driver requirements. It only takes minutes to complete. If you sign up with my personal referral link you or ANY family member can get a CASH bonus.